Royal Mail is UK’s pre-eminent delivery company that handles delivery of around 13 billion letters and over 1.3 billion parcels every year. Its extensive UK network enables the company for joint delivery of letters and parcels. The best things are that, the company claims to visit at least 60% of UK delivery points every day. In 2019, the contribution of Royal Mail to UK’s economy is around £10.3 billion that includes employment and procurement. It is transforming from the UK-focused letters business that delivers the parcels to parcels-led international business delivering letters in the UK.
Royal Mail Tracking has been made easy with a prominent tracking system that has been made available to the customers through the web and also through mobile app. The customers simply need to enter the reference number and they can track where exactly their item/parcel is.
Royal Mail has an ambition to build parcels-led, more diversified and more balanced, international business. They want to connect the customers, organizations and countries. Its access to the worldwide network of postal partners ensures a good range of postal options for all its customers. By combining the experience of Royal Mail and GLS, and through different partnerships with national posts and postal operators, they offer postal solutions to everyone to anywhere in the world.
Royal Mail Tracking – How to Track and Trace Item?
Before you use ‘Track and Trace’ service of Royal Mail, it is important for you to understand how the parcel tracking works. Parcel tracking works by assigning each parcel / letter an item reference number. The person boarding the parcel can check out that reference number online to see the status of the item. It shows where exactly the parcel has reached and when it is expected to arrive to the receiver address.
There are five different stages through which your item is followed:
- The point of dispatch.
- Date and Time when the parcel/letter enters the Royal Mail processing mail center.
- Date and Time when the item is received by the local mail center of the recipient.
- Date and Time when item arrives at the local delivery office
- Date and Time when the item gets delivered to the destination.
If this service is used in the conjunction with the ‘signature of delivery’, it can be tracked on Track and Trace. In order to use Royal Mail’s Track and Trace service. Visit the official website and then enter your 13-digit reference number inside the box provided.
The current status of your item will appear on the screen if Royal mail tracking reference number if correctly entered. Wrong reference number will not fetch any details.
Royal Mail Services that use Track and Trace
For sending items within UK, the Track and Trace functionality is very successful for tracking of parcels and letters. There are a few other services too where you can use Track and Trace.
- Royal Mail Special Delivery Guaranteed: This service not only provides you with tracking option, but also provides the online proof of delivery, moneyback guarantee and compensation cover. The money back guarantee is given if the item doesn’t arrive by 9AM or 11AM of the next working day.
- Royal Mail Tracked 24 and 48: This is the service that provides you with choice of 24 or 48 hours delivery, optional signature on delivery, email notification or SMS, compensation cover and free redeliveries if the items is not getting delivered at first time of asking.
You can even track the items to and from the abroad. The 3 tracking and signature services that are available are as follows:
- International Track and Signed: It combines full tracking service along with signature on the delivery with delivery confirmation.
- International Tracked: This service provides you with tracking at five different points that have been discussed above It even gives you the online conformation of delivery.
- International Signed: It tracks your parcel whilst it is still in UK and it is only handed at the location when the signatures are done.
Delivery across the European federation using Tracking Signature tacks on an average between 3-5 working days. The additional signature at delivery is the token of confirmation from the receiver that the item has been received.